Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 3rd, July 4th and other thoughts.
I must say that the recent holiday weekend was a really good time for me on many levels. The week started out with my having to decide whether or not to make myself available to work my on-call job at Harris Methodist Hospital (I am a Patient Sitter) Saturday and Sunday knowing full well that it may result in possibly missing out on family /holiday gatherings. Eastlyn pointed out to me that it either way it would be win/win situation. Either I would be earning much needed funds or I would be able to join in on all of the weekend festivities. Once again she was _______. I’m not going to say it! My mother always told me that there are two ways to look at a lemon and/or a glass of your favorite beverage. You can either view the lemon as being sour or you can use to make lemonade. The glass is either half empty, or half full with endless opportunity. I occasionally need reminding of that. Anyway back to the weekend. I ended up not working. Saturday started out with a threat of rain during the parade. We stayed dry (Eastlyn and I), Alisa on the other hand spent part of the parade dodging left over drops of water falling from tree leaves as a result of an earlier shower. I really felt bad for her because every time she got settled in her chair another drop of water hit her. The main reason for being at the parade was to see the man of the hour. BROTHER ARRON MARCHING WITH THE ARLINGTON HIGH SCHOOL BAND. Way to go. After the parade I returned home for a brief nap prior to grand mom’s birthday party/lunch at Pappadeaux’s. I know I tease a certain cousin of mine about her constantly needing to take naps, but let me tell you, naps are a good thing. After lunch it was to my aunt and uncles home for birthday cake and hanging out. A very full day (don’t mention the birthday cake to my cousin, sensitive subject). Sunday started out as it usually does, attending one of two services. Picked up A & A, prior to 8am mass, their mother had to serve at 10 o’clock which none of us felt like enduring. Dropped them off at Tia and Papa’s afterwards and headed back home. The fourth was celebrated with Lorenzo Jr., his wife Lani, her parents, aunt and friends of L & L. Ate to much (ribs, chicken, corn on the cob, jalapeƱo poppers, baked beans, cupcakes). We closed the weekend out by watching the fireworks for Arlington, Mansfield, and several other towns all from one location.
I may not have worked that weekend. I definitely could have used the money. THE GLASS OF LEMONADE SURE DID TASTE SWEET.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a little confused. You left a blank up above-what's that all about, and what does it have to do with lemonade and half-empty/half-full? Anywhoo, nice entry. Glad you enjoyed your 4th of July weekend. -EW
    p.s. Please use titles on your blogs. I almost missed this one b/c it is "untitled" just like the one after it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. July 3rd and 4th and other thougths is the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord Barrett why do you talk in code?? just spit it out!

    ReplyDelete