It is just after 2 in the morning, either very late on Saturday or very early on Sunday whichever way you choose to look at it. In either case I should be asleep right now but I am not. Instead I am writing , or in this case typing. I write what I feel when it comes to me sometimes my thoughts are clear and coherent and sometimes they are all over the place. I may do a bog entry on a daily basis. And there will certainly be days where I won’t.. welcome to “The World According To Barrett”. Let’s get started. Those who truly know me know that by nature I am a relatively private person. There have been those who on occasion confuse my silence for a lack of not paying attention. It is not that I don’t have something to say or that I don’t have an opinion on a given subject, it is just that I am probably busy listening to what is going on around me or simply put not ready to comment at that particular time.
Writing is one of my many passions in life. I use to write all the time. I must have inherited that from my mother. She was a prolific and passionate writer who had a gift and way with words. For me writing is a form of relaxation. It serves as a tool to help me get a grip on this ever changing world that we all live in. while I was a student at Loyola it also served a different purpose. It helped me to deal with a great many issues that were going on in my life outside of school. Some that those reading this bog know about and some that you don’t. like I said from the onset, by nature and by choice I am a very private person.
I really should go to bednow, but I am just not sleepy. I say that now, but I also know that within seconds of my turning out the light and my head hitting the pillow I wil be fast asleep. So, what did I do on this Saturday, not much really, I went by my cousin Eastlyn’s house to let their dog Missy out for awhile at her request. She is out of town on a 3 day scrapbook retreat with her mother. With her husband Mike occasionally working long hours at American Airlines and the children being with her sister for the weekend, she needed someone to look after the family pet. By the way she is the one who got me started on this. IT IS ALL HER FAULT! (Smile) Sorry about that, back to my day. I also went to the grocery store for TWO ITEMS. Eggs and fruit (canned pineapple chunks). I left with four items. I returned home to continue doing whatever it was that I was doing. I was almost late for five o clock mass at Our Mother of Mercy in Fort Worth. I have absolutely no excuse for running late because this was a planned event. Let it be known that I was in my seat prior to Father reaching the Alter (we passed by each other as I was quickly walking to my seat). After mass I drove by to see if Mike was home from work, and he was which meant that I did not need to stop and let missy out for a second time. (Mike is Eastlyn’s husband, he works for American airlines). The rest of the evening was spent talking sports, politics, religion, and life in general with my Uncle Lorenzo. I am not at the liberty to discuss what all was said due to, well I just can’t talk about it. All I can say is that we have figured out the real plans for the soon to be former governor of a certain state. For those of you who don’t know him, he is Eastlyn’s father, my late mother’s brother in law.
Well that is all I have for now. I am not sure what my next entry will be like or when it will be. But I do know this for sure, “Keep Reaching For The Stars While Holding Steadfast To Mother Earth.”
No comments:
Post a Comment